Located 35Kms from the CBD in Melbourne's south east, the OMNIconnect Data Centre (OCDC) is an ideal new home for your critical servers and applications.
To meet the growing need for data centre space in Melbourne, OMNIconnect has extended the OCDC to house 50 more racks.
Due to the increase in high density servers, the demand for racks that can power greater than 2 or 3 kilowatts is now becoming the norm. Many other inner city data centres are simply not able to meet both these demands of power and space.
If you are looking at consolidating your hosted IT infrastructure, have a need for your servers to be located outside of the CBD 'risk zone' to meet compliance requirements, or just want to consolidate your servers in to adjacent racks for convenience, then we encourage you to consider hosting with us.
A focal point with the expansion of the OCDC has been on using innovative and environmentally responsible techniques to reduce carbon emissions such, as "free cooling" via air economisation and reduced power consumption via energy efficient "80 Plus" power supplies.
Strategically located 35Km outside of the CBD risk zone, the OCDC provides an ideal disaster recovery centre due to it's diverse network paths, multi-homed Internet and easy access to the city via the newly constructed EastLink freeway.
Optical fibre and Microwave radio connections provide both physical, and technological diversity resulting in best possible network availability.
Summary of Features.
- Location - Located at the end of the newly completed EastLink Freeway in Melbourne's south eastern suburbs, our datacentre is only 40 minutes from the CBD, but yet beyond the 'risk zone' of other CBD based hosting providers
- Privately Owned - Unlike many other hosting providers, we own the data centre, the building, and the network. Our staff are located at the data centre, allowing us to offer a more 'hands on' service than other providers who resell data centre space.
- Connectivity - Diverse fibre and licensed microwave paths to Soul, Nextgen, and WAIX
- Security - Logged Biometric, RFID and PIN code access, VESDA smoke detection
- Power - Up to 15Kw per rack
- Parking - Free secure off-street parking
- Access - Free escorted access during business hours
- Remote Hands - Free remote hands and remote eyes during business hours.
- Price - Although we would class ourselves as a boutique data centre, our prices are very competitive, with full extra height racks available for less than $1,000. That is less than $23 per RU!
- OCDC Dashboard App - Keep an eye on your hosting environment via our mobile web app.
- Stability - We've been around since 1997 and we plan to stay!
- Capacity - Unlike many data centres, we have opted for a solid floor which means we aren't restricted by raised floor maximum loadings or cooling 'bottlenecks'. With ample power and economised cooling, we are able to handle up to 15Kw per rack.
- Telecommunications Carrier - OMNIconnect was one of the first carriers in Australia. Unlike most other hosting providers, we own our own infrastructure and networks.
- And the usual features that most other data centre's provide
- 24/7 Monitoring and Support
- 99.9% Uptime Service Level Agreement
- Redundant Power Systems
- Redundant Diesel Generators
- Optional managed firewalls
Still with us?... Great!... Look at our very competive rates on our Colocation Page.