OMNIconnect owns and operates its own data centre (OCDC) in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne.
Dealing directly with OCDC means you get a more hands on approach to hosting your servers and infrastructure, as well as extra inclusions, such as Remote Hands and Eyes. Our cost-effective colocation solutions start from a single RU up to a full rack.
So if you are just starting out, looking to expand your network, or searching for a good DR location, we welcome you to come and tour our facilities and meet the OCDC team.
OCDC Features at a Glance.
- Single RU’s to Full Racks. Whether you require 1RU, sub racks or several full racks, we cater for customers, large and small.
- Remote Hands. Complimentary remote hands and remote eyes during business hours are available with most hosting packages.
- Escorted Access. Escorted Access is available 24/7 and is always provided and monitored by OMNIconnect personnel, who accompany you to your rack.
- Connectivity. OCDC is carrier neutral with diverse carriers for IP Transit upstream.
- Secure. Biometric and RFID access with 24/7 remotely monitored cameras throughout the facility.
- 24/7 Support. Colocation customers have access to our 24/7 support hotline to discuss emergency support or network issues with our engineers.
- Environmentally Responsible. During peak sunny times, OCDC’s solar array can produce enough energy to power 100% of its IT power requirements, making it one of the greenest data centres in the world.
- 99.98% Uptime SLA. All colocated services located at OCDC are protected by our Service Level Availability Guarantee. Should OCDC not meet the Availability Guarantee, rebates will be paid to you.
- Redundancy. With the aim of meeting the Tier III data centre specification, OCDC has redundant power, cooling and network components. Diesel generators with 5,000 litres of fuel automatically start during a utility power failure.
- DDoS Protection. OMNIconnect’s Distributed Denial of Service Protection is embedded into our internet facing network and mitigates malicious layer 3 & 4 traffic prior to reaching your hosted servers.
- Power. OCDC can offer high density racks of up to 15kW and is able to colocate some of the most power demanding cloud infrastructure.
- OCDC Dashboard App. Keep an eye on your hosting environment via our mobile web app which currently monitors internet usage, throughput, and power load.
- Access & Parking. Free secure off-street parking and escorted access during business hours relieves the logistic headache of installations.
- Complimentary WiFi Access. Enjoy super fast connectivity while you are visiting your colocated equipment, sitting in the comfort of our lounge.
- Account Manager. A single point of contact at OMNIconnect.
- Stability. You obviously expect a Data Centre to be rock solid – which of course OCDC is, just see some of our testimonials. But in addition to our technical stability, OMNIconnect is well established and one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry, with most employees having been here over 10 years.
- Location. Located just off the East Link Freeway in Melbourne’s south-eastern suburbs, OMNIconnect’s data centre is only 40 minutes from Melbourne, yet past the CBD ‘risk zone’ where many other data centres are located.
- Carrier Grade Network. As one of Australia’s first carriers (since 1997), OMNIconnect has its own fibre and wireless network infrastructure that connect many of our hosting customers and provide direct connectivity to the data centre. We also can leverage off our other carrier partners like Telstra to provide up to 40Gbps to your racks.
Choose Your Melbourne Colocation
|Other colocation packages are available, ranging from single RU’s. * All pricing exclusive of GST and based on a 24 month contract.|