OMNIconnect owns and operates its own data centre (OCDC) in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne.
Dealing directly with OCDC means you get a more hands on approach to hosting your servers and infrastructure, as well as extra inclusions, such as Remote Hands and Eyes. Our cost-effective colocation solutions start from a single RU up to a full rack.
So if you are just starting out, looking to expand your network, or searching for a good DR location, we welcome you to come and tour our facilities and meet the OCDC team.
OCDC Features at a Glance.
- Single RU’s to Full Racks. Whether you require 1RU, sub racks or several full racks, we cater for customers, large and small.
- Remote Hands. Complimentary remote hands and remote eyes during business hours are available with most hosting packages.
- Escorted Access. Escorted Access is available 24/7 and is always provided and monitored by OMNIconnect personnel, who accompany you to your rack.
- Connectivity. OCDC is carrier neutral with diverse carriers for IP Transit upstream.
- Secure. Biometric and RFID access with 24/7 remotely monitored cameras throughout the facility.
- 24/7 Support. Colocation customers have access to our 24/7 support hotline to discuss emergency support or network issues with our engineers.
- Environmentally Responsible. During peak sunny times, OCDC’s solar array can produce enough energy to power 100% of its IT power requirements, making it one of the greenest data centres in the world.
- 99.98% Uptime SLA. All colocated services located at OCDC are protected by our Service Level Availability Guarantee. Should OCDC not meet the Availability Guarantee, rebates will be paid to you.
- Redundancy. With the aim of meeting the Tier III data centre specification, OCDC has redundant power, cooling and network components. Diesel generators with 5,000 litres of fuel automatically start during a utility power failure.
- DDoS Protection. OMNIconnect’s Distributed Denial of Service Protection is embedded into our internet facing network and mitigates malicious layer 3 & 4 traffic prior to reaching your hosted servers.
- Power. OCDC can offer high density racks of up to 15kW and is able to colocate some of the most power demanding cloud infrastructure.
- OCDC Dashboard App. Keep an eye on your hosting environment via our mobile web app which currently monitors internet usage, throughput, and power load.
- Access & Parking. Free secure off-street parking and escorted access during business hours relieves the logistic headache of installations.
- Complimentary WiFi Access. Enjoy super fast connectivity while you are visiting your colocated equipment, sitting in the comfort of our lounge.
- Account Manager. A single point of contact at OMNIconnect.
- Stability. You obviously expect a Data Centre to be rock solid – which of course OCDC is, just see some of our testimonials. But in addition to our technical stability, OMNIconnect is well established and one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry, with most employees having been here over 10 years.
- Location. Located just off the East Link Freeway in Melbourne’s south-eastern suburbs, OMNIconnect’s data centre is only 40 minutes from Melbourne, yet past the CBD ‘risk zone’ where many other data centres are located.
- Carrier Grade Network. As one of Australia’s first carriers (since 1997), OMNIconnect has its own fibre and wireless network infrastructure that connect many of our hosting customers and provide direct connectivity to the data centre. We also can leverage off our other carrier partners like Telstra to provide up to 40Gbps to your racks.
Choose Your Melbourne Colocation
|Support Charges||View Full Details|
|* All pricing exclusive of GST and based on a 12 month contract. Discounted setup available on 24 month contracts|
- What is Colocation?
Colocation is essentially data centre space for your own servers, switches, firewall and storage devices – Your equipment, hosted in our data centre. This allows your equipment to be connected to a super fast internet connection, and have the assurance of uninterrupted data and power connectivity.
- How do I physically access my colocated equipment?
Access to your equipment can be arranged by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, visiting our support portal, or calling our support line 1300 662 457 and requesting Escorted Access, stating who will be attending, what rack requires access, and the time and date. Unless After Hours Escorted Access is included in your plan, access outside of business hours is charged and detailed in our Support Charges support page. More information can be found in our OCDC Access and Work Guidelines
- How is power charged?
Power is charged as a monthly average of power used at the rate of $33/100 watts (or part there of) and overages at $66/100 watts (or part there of) – exclusive of GST. You may purchase colocation with metered power which means that you will be charged for all power used in your rack(s), or power can be included in your rack(s). In both cases however, you are limited to the ‘maximum power’ allocation you have purchased.
- What internet connection options do you offer?
We offer both Usage Based billing (Pre-Paid Data Packs, per KB/MB/GB/TB) and Bandwidth Based billing (per Mbps).
Usage Based: By default, our colocation comes with an internet connected port with Usage Based or Pre-Paid Data Packs billing. Under this option data is metered (inbound & outbound), and offered in discounted pre-paid data packs (e.g. 250GB/1TB/5TB data packs). Although not dedicated bandwidth, internet connectivity is via our fast shared aggregated upstreams.
Bandwidth Based: This is an unlimited data option, and the amount of dedicated bandwidth is purchased. We guarantee the bandwidth purchased and offer the option of ’95th Percentile Billing’ that allows for bursts up to double the purchased bandwidth.
- Can I have my own ISP, Carrier or Cross Connect to another customer connected to my rack?
Yes, you can do this by ordering a ‘Cross Connect’ at the time of ordering or upgrading your service. If you would like to bring an alternative carrier or ISP service into your rack, please choose the ‘Carrier Cross Connect’ option, or alternatively you can connect using a standard ‘Cross Connect’.
- How do I backup my colocated servers?
There are a number of ways you can backup your colocated servers… We can rotate an external drive for you and if required, ship them to you. Some choose to have 2 or 3 drives – one attached to the server, one in transit, and one in their possession. Although we do charge for sending and receiving packages, the connecting and disconnecting drives is covered under ‘Remote Hands’ (see the Support Charges page for details). Alternatively, we can take care of your backups using our managed backup service using our storage and R1Soft backup software.
Want to know more about Colocation?
Colocation questions answered.